Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Some important words? Maybe?

Setting the soft scene. In his bed. It's 12:00am. He is back from Maine, and I'm back next to him. We are lightly chatting about his trip. He sort of...stops short of saying something. It's sort of a, "intakes breath..." 

"I realized something while I've been away..."

"Oh, it is that you always forget your toothpaste."

"Nope."

"You always forget your toothbrush?"

"Nope."

.....Quiet. 

"You realized something while you've been away...?"

"I think, I THINK, I might be falling in love with you."

Woah, I thought he was going to say this, but I didn't know what it would be like hearing it. I immediately kiss him and hug him. I want to say it back immediately, but I also want to hear more about this new feeling...

He continued, "I felt it before I left for my last trip to Texas, and before you went to Denver. When I went over to your house before you left on that Monday...I just had this feeling of dread." 

I said that I understood the feeling. That he's expanded my life that was already really great. He said that his favorite parts of my body are my hipbones. His friends and family asked about me in Maine, he said his face light up when he would talk about me. His "brother-cousin" Matt asked him what he liked the most about me, and he said that he liked that I'm goofy.

"I never realized that I was goofy."

"Well, it's like you don't take things too seriously. You don't try too hard." 


No comments:

Post a Comment